When You Need an Appeal
Legal cases don’t always end in the trial court. If you are dissatisfied with a ruling from your judge or jury, you may be able to appeal to a higher court. Even if you are happy with the result in the trial court, you may have to defend against an appeal from the other side. In either case, you need a lawyer with expertise in appeals.
For nearly 20 years, David Zuckerman has focused on criminal appeals, criminal postconviction petitions, and civil appeals. His clients have included parents engaged in divorce proceedings, police officers accused of misconduct, and death row prisoners. Because appeals are handled mostly by mail or electronic filing, David takes cases from any part of Washington State. He is licensed to practice in the Washington Courts of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
In some cases, the court system is not the best hope for relief in a criminal case. Maureen Devlin, a licensed attorney for 24 years, currently focuses on clemency petitions.
- Another clemency victory for Maureen. See the video here.
- David elected as Co-President of the Washington Appellate Lawyers Association on February 28, 2013.
- Clemency and Pardons Board votes 4-0 in favor of Maureen's client Michael Pritchard. See video here.
- Defense Magazine publishes Maureen’s article on clemency. Read the article here.
- David speaks at the Washington State Bar Continuing Legal Education Program for Family Lawyers. The topic is assessing cases for appeal. Read David's written outline here.
- The Seattle Times prints David's Op-Ed piece regarding the death penalty. Read the article here.